Friday, May 30, 2008


Here's something my good friend Larry wrote to announce the birth of his first son, baby Joel, which unofficially is my godson (I'm super duper fantabulously joyful!!!). 

I like what he wrote, so with his permission, here it goes....

Hi my name is Joel Jun Kuan LEE.  You may not know me (yet) but you know my parents – Emilia and Larry Lee.
 

 I was due for birth on 12 June 2008 but I guess I like giving surprises. Being 2 weeks early, I decided to pop into your world on 27 May 2008, 1.05pm –
weighing 3.42kg and lying 49.5cm tall.  Hahaha!  
 
At 7am that morning, mummy was having contraction.  My parents were scheduled for a staff meeting
@ Canaanland <http://www.canaanland.com.my/>  but had to detour instead to Pantai Hospital.  Upon checking in at 9.30am, the nurse discovered that mummy was already 9cm dilated hence no time for all those pain-killer stuff.  
 
With the aid of some gas, mummy was pushing hard. Daddy was right beside mummy throughout – reading Psalm 139 and also
P.U.S.H.-ing (Pray Until Something Happens).  I don’t think you’d ever seen him so pale, which explains why he will not be pictured here.  Haha!
 
Boy, did I make mummy labour hard until her legs were cramping all over .  So at around 12.15pm, Dr Sum Keong WONG advised mummy to enlist the aid of a “vacuuming” device to suck me out.  I happily obliged and part with my comfort zone in the womb and decided to pop into a brand new world at 1.05pm.
 
Although it was hard work yet my parents would testify that the entire delivery process was nonetheless swift – all glory be to God and special thanks to Dr Wong.  In fact, they’ll tell you that it was a Supernatural Childbirth (entitled after a book they have been reading
throughout the pregnancy weeks) <http://www.canaanland.com.my/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2846> .
 
So, what have I been up to over the last few days? I’ve been sleeping, crying, drinking milk and listening to lotsa music – daddy has got music all lined up as though it’s some kinda nutritional plan. Anyway, I’ve gotta catch some sleep now so until I see you some time, some day, some where, here’s me saying thanks for being a part of my parents’ lives and now mine!  
 
Ciao!...JOEL
Pronounced:
JOL (English), JO-ul (English)
>From the Hebrew name
יוֹאֵל <http://www.behindthename.com/support/transcribe.php?type=HB&target=Ywo%27el> (Yo'el) meaning "YAHWEH <http://www.behindthename.com/name/yahweh> is God". Joel was a minor prophet in the Old Testament, the author of the Book of Joel.
  

No comments: